Are there religions that literally slays men? Here is an example:
Some groups who claim to be Christian have burnt people at the stake for disagreeing with them or being of another belief, i.e., Muslim, genuine (true) Christian, Jew, etc. Let’s look at some examples: One, Bruno Giordano championed the Copernican system of astronomy which placed the Sun, not the Earth, at the centre of the Solar System. He opposed the stultifying authority of the church and refused to recant his philosophical beliefs throughout his eight years of imprisonment by the Venetian and Roman Catholic Inquisitions and finally was burnt at the stake for saying the earth went around the sun. (source – Giordano Bruno: The Forgotten Philosopher by John J. Kessler, Ph.D., Ch.E)
(Courtesy of Iris89 the Preacher)Here’s another one. Remember that in the medieval period, the Catholic Church formulated the doctrine of Holy Inquisition, that will order all those who will refuse to convert to be put in chains, locked in dark abyss, burnt at stake, or tortured to death. In The Foreign Post March 16-22, Pope John Paul II asked for forgiveness from the sins of the Church, referred to the Crusaders, who burned 300,000 people on the stake (Spain only) in the Inquisition. But their Inquisition was not limited to Spain only. In total, they have slain and imprisoned more than thousands of families who refused to join Roman Catholicism.
Don’t be angry with me, fellow readers. Roman Catholics were mentioned here. In this case, they did slay men who tells the truth. Imagine, you are merely saying that the earth went around the sun, your life will be at risk from this religion. Is this the kind of holiness they have learned? In this case, can you apply their infallibility here? There is no account in the Bible that Christians had literally slain men, nor persecuted non-believers.
Here is another example of a Church who literally slays men. This is more cruel than the first example because their only reason for doing such is merely a basketball game! There were 5 PUP (Polytechnic University of the Philippines) defenseless students who became victims of their sadistic activities. Let’s take a short glimpse on how the devils work:
1. On the morning of 7 March 1992, the victims MARLON and JOSEPH had a basketball altercation with JOEY and his two companions;
2. Later that day, JOEY was caught bringing two pillboxes to Dalisay Street, where the victims reside;
3. Between 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. of 8 March 1992, JOEY and GENER, both members of the INC, threw stones at the Ronquillos? house, attracting the attention of neighbors who in turn mauled them;
4. Between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m. of that same date, after the De los Santos brothers pointed at the victims, the appellants and their cohorts picked up and herded the victims into a Ford Fiera, which then sped away;
5. At about 10:00 p.m. the victims, except the one lying in the vehicle who seemed either unconscious or dead, were brought to a so-called basement in the Iglesia compound in Punta, Sta. Ana. There, they were mauled, tortured and beaten by appellants, who were deacons of the INC, as well as by their cohorts, using steel tubes, lead pipes, guns and other blunt instruments. Thereafter, they were loaded into the van, which forthwith sped out of the compound; and
6. Three days later, or on 10 March 1992, the victims? bodies were found floating on the Pasig River, showing signs of foul play.
Note: This is an authentic source, from the Supreme Court (of the Philippines) website. To view the full Supreme Court Decision, click here: PEOPLE OF THE PHILIPPINES, plaintiff-appellee, vs. JUANITO ABELLA, DIOSDADO GRANADA, BENJAMIN DE GUZMAN, and EDGARDO VALENCIA, accused-appellants.
Genuine Christians were NEVER allowed by Christ to kill anyone physically, for whatever reason. Any other so-called Christian religions that literally slays men must be rejected. These churches, plus some other cruel religious groups, are merely so-called Christians, but in fact they’re not really Christians! They blaspheme the name of Christ from doing such things which you will also agree with me as “devilish” acts.
According to the Bible
Let’s first show what Jesus had said in Luke 19:27, “But these mine enemies, that would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.” If slaying is an instruction, would you not follow? In Matthew 28:20, “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” But, Did Jesus really intended to literally slay unbelievers, unlike what those merciless religions did? In John 6:63, “It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” His words are not pertaining to flesh, but referring to spirit, and are life. If you would take away their lives, how could you maintain life? After we knew that the slaying was not meant for the flesh, how it is done by the Christians? Let’s now analyze it. What do we mean death? In Revelations 20:14, “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.“; Then, who is this one who will be sent into the fire? In Revelations 12:9, “And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil, and satan, which deceiveth the whole world …“; Then if he is the deceiver, what will happen to him in the end? In Revelations 20:10, “And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” Therefore, death can be attributed to the devil, which is called satan.
Back in our topic, how do the early Christians execute slaying? In I Timothy 1:19-20, “Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away, concerning faith have made shipwreck: Of whom is Hymeneus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.” If we can observe, you are actually slaying a person when you give him to satan, who is also called death. How do the Christians practice slaying? I Corinthians 5:13, “But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.”
1. The slaying instructed by Christ is not a literal one.
2. Slaying, not taken literally, is giving someone to Satan, who is mentioned “death”
3. What we call excommunication now is an action of slaying.
Note: Originally written by Pinch_Hopper